Commercial Manager – Louth – £45-50k and exceptional benefits package
Chase & Holland are working for a busy FMCG company who are looking to for a Commercial Manager to join their dynamic team, reporting directly into the Managing Director.
The ideal person will come from a commercial accounting background and the purpose of the Commercial Manager role is to provide strategic direction, leadership and management for the estimating and costing processes, tender management and planning systems.
The commercial manager is responsible for aligning pricing strategies and activities, developing account management plans to guide sales activity in line with strategy and to drive. You will be the link between finance, commercial and sales teams and partner the Sales Director. To thrive in this role you must maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders both internally and externally at all levels to maximise and drive sales and profitability.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Commercial Manager:
· Create price estimates including recommended price, margin, comparison to current market levels, assumptions etc.
· Responsible for all aspects of the tender process
· Identify opportunities to drive margin improvements by customer/product
· Provide a link between the sales, commercial and finance to align strategy and alignment of targets
· Responsible for weekly and monthly profitability reporting including analysing variances to budget, providing commentary and highlighting risks
· Develop customer, market and product reporting to drive analysis and with the commercial team to agree strategy and drive profitability
· Support the Sales Director to develop customer plans to promote effective sales and strategy to drive growth, retention and new business
· Continuously review and management of internal forecasting, highlighting opportunities and risks proactively
· Manage and mentor a Commercial Analyst
Skills & Experience required:
· Proven commercial/ management accounting background in FMCG/ manufacturing sector
· Strong analytical experience including costings, margin, pricing, PPV
· Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· IT literate including excel, and ideally VBA/ Power BI
· Proactive, positive and approachable
· Strategic and innovative thinker
What’s in it for you? The package for a Commercial Manager will include..
· Salary up to c£50k
· Chance to grow with a busy growing company
· Pension contribution
· Generous holiday entitlement
· Health Cash Plan and Private Medical
· Other extra company benefits included.