Contract Accounting Manager – Worksop – £45,000 - £50,000 + Car/Allowance
Chase & Holland are partnering with a well-known business to appoint a key Contract Accounting Manager post which reports directly into the Finance Manager. As one of the area’s premier employers, our client has seen substantial growth in their finance function over the last few years and is set to continue with expansion into their large finance team during what is a difficult time.
The role manages a team of 7 direct reports. As the Accounting Contract Manager, you will be responsible for the team to provide management accounting and reporting service to the contracted businesses. The successful candidate will be adept at building key internal stakeholder relationships at Director and Business Partner level as well as the external partnerships with audit and HMRC. We are looking for a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, or ACA) with a strong management experience.
Contract Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
· Managing 7 direct reports
· Producing monthly accounts
· Production of forecasts and budgets
· Managing BPC reporting - input and reconciliation
· Manage, recruit, support and coach a team to get the best out of them
· Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations for completeness
· Manage profit and loss payroll reconciliation process
· Accrued revenue review and debt recovery assistance where required
· On the ground support for internal and external audits
· Provide information to support Statutory Accounts process
· Support management in the Month End Compliance/Minimum Financial Controls process
· Ensure information in reporting systems is accurate
· Work to drive efficiencies and improvement plans
Full-time, Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00 with some flexibility available
Required Skills & Experience:
· Knowledge of SAP/Oracle preferred but not essential
· A qualified accountant with 3-5 year’s experience
· You will be a natural team leader with the ability to encourage development in your team and assist them to realise their personal objectives
In Return You’ll Receive:
· 25 days holiday plus stat
· The opportunity to work for a market-leading employer
· Free Parking
· The business can provide excellent career progression longer term with a commitment to internally promoting from within.
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Contract Accounting Manager opportunity, please click ‘apply now’.
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire.