Legal Cashier – Nottingham – Competitive
Chase & Holland are working closely with one of the region's leading legal businesses is recruiting for an experienced Legal Cashier to join the team on a full time, permanent basis Ideally you will have experience of high volumes of incoming and outgoing financial transactions, along with confident in knowledge of the solicitors accounts rules. You will have full responsibility for maintaining the client ledger by the accurate receiving in, and execution of client financial transactions in accordance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and the Firm’s policies
Legal Cashier Responsibilities:
- Importing of the daily BACS receipts from our on-line banking portal, checking the associated documentation provided is correct, complete and match where applicable and to query any unmatched items
- Using the discretion delegated by the company, decide on the most appropriate treatment of receipts and payments to meet firm and client requirements in accordance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
- Preparing and executing the telegraphic transfers, foreign payments and BACS payments
- Daily SAR compliance control checks by running and dealing with the daily SAR breach reports
- Ensure all process documents are complete and up to date
- Undertake other finance department duties as and when required
Key Requirements and Preferences:
- Must be very organised, able to manage their time well and prioritise their workload accordingly
- Self-motivated with a positive team spirit
- Able to carry out work with complete accuracy whilst adhering to deadlines
- Must be qualified Legal Cashier with a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience of legal cashiering
- Experience of using legal accounting software and bank electronic payment software is essential
- Must be IT literate and have good keyboard skills
In Return You'll Receive:
- You will have the opportunity to work within a growing and well respected business
- Prospect of future progression within the company.
- Great company benefits.
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Legal Cashier opportunity, click ‘apply now'.
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance, Supply Chain, HR and IT recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.