Management Accountant – Worksop – £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Chase & Holland are excited to be working with a key client again as they continue to thrive during these tough times. Reporting into a Finance Manager, the Management Accountant will have the opportunity to build relationships and take ownerships of specific contracts taking on more responsibility and progressing in your own career as time goes on. As the Management Accountant you will prepare management accounts, forecasts and budgets for a portfolio of contracts. This is a perfect opportunity for somebody to extend their experience within a fast moving business that is growing rapidly. You will benefit from managed career progression, excellent benefits including a generous pension scheme.
Management Accountant Responsibilities:
· Prepare monthly management accounts and variance analysis for a portfolio of contracts.
· Working closely with the MD and Operations team, prepare monthly rolling forecasts and risks and opportunities schedule.
· Prepare annual budget and strategic plan submission along with analysis to highlight key assumptions and areas of judgement.
· Ad hoc financial analysis to support the business.
· Assist with internal reporting to Region and external client reporting requirements.
· Detailed review of aged debt and accrued income
· Develop a detailed understanding of the contract portfolio.
· Attend business meetings with the MD and provide appropriate challenge in order to build knowledge and identify areas of risk
· Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all contracts, ensuring sufficient evidence available for audit.
· Liaise with Group internal audit and external auditors, ensuring audit deliverables and queries resolved in a timely manner.
· Review financial controls and processes used by the business.
· Apply Minimum Financial Standards where appropriate, ensure relevant balance sheet accounts are well maintained and properly controlled
Required Skills & Experience:
· A qualified or qualified by experience accountant.
· Proven track record or working in an accounting environment
· Production of management information
· Preference for knowledge of Oracle Cloud and SAP
· Ability to motivate a team to deliver against service levels and manage them closely to agreed deliverables ensuring business impacts are minimised
In Return You’ll Receive:
· The chance to grow within a stable business
· Grow in the role and take on more responsibility
· Ability to work from home
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Management Accountant opportunity, please click ‘apply now’.
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire.